Who We Are
RockAuto is a family-run online retailer founded over 20 years ago in Madison, WI with two goals in mind. The first was to make car repair less mysterious by giving each customer all of the applicable information regarding available items and product specifications. The second was to make those parts affordable and accessible, to every corner of the globe. Expansive and efficient marketing has helped RockAuto.com grow to become the leading e-commerce auto parts store.
Are you ready to help RockAuto continue to be a leader and push the boundaries within the fast growing, multibillion dollar e-commerce auto parts industry as our next Marketing Specialist?
As a Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for designing and delivering marketing programs using tangible media and developing and executing digital strategies across multiple channels and platforms.
- Identify and evaluate out-of-home and digital marketing opportunities
- Develop and leverage relationships with event coordinators
- Design and procure fliers, wristbands, apparel and gifts and other items which promote RockAuto cost-effectively and provide value to recipients
- Manage social media and other online community campaigns
- Design and execute email campaigns
- Develop and curate engaging content for digital ads, email messages, and other online campaigns
- Execute your projects from start to finish and identify opportunities and design processes for automation of routine tasks
- Analyze, optimize and monitor performance of marketing programs
- Assist in the sales forecasting process
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing with a quantitative focus and top-tier academic performance
- Proven success using marketing concepts such as reach/frequency, cost per exposure, traffic vs. sales, A/B testing, etc., and demonstrating both creativity and business judgement
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and social media marketing principles and practices
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous initiatives
- Effective written communication and negotiating skills, supported by analytical skills to verify or disprove claims
- Desire and ability to work independently, initiating, executing and evaluating your own projects with limited guidance or supervision
Must be able to work full time from our Madison, WI office and have the ability to work for any US employer without visa sponsorship.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience processing large data sets using SQL, Python, R or other open source tools
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or other design software
Innovation. When RockAuto was founded in 1999, there were no textbook rules on how to successfully market an online business. Today, the "rules" are still in a state of flux. We enjoy the exciting challenge of staying abreast of the latest marketing opportunities and choosing the best path for RockAuto.
Strong growth, unique business model. RockAuto has posted 20 years of double-digit sales growth in a mature industry with very large, established competitors. Cost effective marketing is a driving force in our success.
Open, friendly environment. Everyone sits in an open space, encouraging collaboration and teamwork. Our flat structure creates transparency and enables near-constant implementation of employees' creative ideas and solutions. Office outings, like the annual winter holiday party, are a great way to connect with fellow employees.
Excellent compensation. RockAuto offers competitive wages, overtime pay for all positions, a generous allowance of paid holidays and personal time off, affordable health insurance, a Simplified Employee Pension for employees with qualifying tenure and a tradition of rewarding individual results and sharing the fruits of company success.
Madison, WI is a great place to live. Madison is uniquely centered on an isthmus between two beautiful lakes. It is consistently ranked one of the best places to live in the US. Both a capital city and hip college town, Madison provides affordable housing, excellent schools and a wide range of entertainment options and recreational activities.
How to Apply
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@RockAuto.com. In your cover letter, please put your background in the context of a RockAuto Marketing Specialist and include your GPA (if not listed on your resume). A human, not a machine, will read every resume that is accompanied by a cover letter, but we will not consider a resume without a cover letter.