As a RockAuto Product Manager, you will be responsible for the sales, growth, and procurement for a segment of our extensive online
catalog. You will decide what products we sell; merchandise those products in ways that are relevant and appealing to consumers;
determine how best to source inventory; and maintain RockAuto's reputation for complete coverage, efficient shipping, and low prices.
In addition to controlling a segment of our catalog you will help define ways to improve the shopping experience for all RockAuto
customers, helping to set RockAuto apart in a crowded market.
A successful Product Manager must:
- Aggressively analyze all aspects of his or her catalog segment – including the parts currently in our catalog, the other choices in the
market, the factors that define value for our customers, and the nuances of our business model – to make informed decisions about that
catalog segment and the business as a whole
- Tactically expand product mix and application coverage with new and existing manufacturers to ensure we have "All The Parts
Your Car Will Ever Need" and provide customers choice in quality, features, etc.
- Manipulate huge data sets (our catalog has hundreds of thousands of parts for tens of thousands of vehicles!) to ensure customers
find the right part every time
- Research products, integrate marketing collateral, expand homegrown sales tools, and coordinate manufacturer promotions to drive
product line growth
- Communicate effectively with automotive parts manufacturers and other external stakeholders to promote our industry stature
- Work with other RockAuto departments to provide a positive end-to-end customer experience
- A Bachelor’s degree with top-tier academic performance (ideally with a concentration in product management, marketing, or
- Enough fluency with common data standards, such as SQL, FTP, and EDI, to manage and gain insight from files too large to review
line by line
- Successful decision making and implementation experience in product management, merchandising, sales analysis, or a related role
- Desire and ability to manage, analyze, market and develop strategies to drive sustainable growth for a segment of our extensive
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and the tact to apply them without alienating business partners
- The ability to work full time from our Madison, WI office and for any US employer indefinitely without visa sponsorship
Preferred but not required:
- An MBA degree (ideally with a concentration in product management, marketing, or information management)
- Automotive knowledge, especially hands-on repair experience
- Skills involving digital media (advanced practice in HTML or graphic design is plus!)
- Foreign language skills, preferably in German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, or French
Strategic and tactical impact. Our catalog is the core of our business. The Product Management role comprises a broad range of
responsibility (from data integrity to marketing support) and has a direct influence on the company's success.
Strong growth, unique business model.RockAuto has posted 15+ years of double-digit sales growth. In part, this is due to our
distinctive, consumer-friendly approach. While others offer online catalogs with a B2B focus that is intimidating and difficult to
navigate for consumers, we present products and information in ways that are relevant and compelling for online consumers -- and you
will play a key role in this effort.
Open, friendly environment. Everyone sits in an open space, encouraging collaboration and teamwork. Our flat structure creates
transparency and enables near-constant implementation of employees' creative ideas and solutions.
Excellent compensation.RockAuto offers competitive wages, overtime pay for all positions, a generous allowance of paid holidays and
personal time off, affordable health insurance, a Simplified Employee Pension for employees with qualifying tenure, and a tradition of
rewarding individual results and sharing the fruits of company success.
Madison, WI is a great place to live. adison is uniquely centered on an isthmus between two beautiful lakes. It is consistently ranked
one of the best places to live in the US. Both a capital city and hip college town, Madison provides affordable housing, excellent schools
and a wide range of entertainment options and recreational activities.
How to Apply
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@RockAuto.com. In your cover letter please explain why you would be a good fit as a RockAuto Product Manager and provide your GPA (if not listed on your resume). A human, not a machine, will read every resume that is accompanied by a cover letter, but we will not consider a resume without a cover letter.