As a RockAuto Product Manager, you will be responsible for the sales, procurement, and growth, in a segment of our extensive online
parts catalog. You will:
- Decide which products we sell and where to get them
- Merchandise those products to consumers in relevant and appealing ways
- Maintain RockAuto's reputation for broad coverage, complete information, variety, and low prices
- Analyze all aspects of a product category – parts in our catalog, other options in the market, factors that bring value to customers
- Collaborate with manufacturers to research products, integrate digital content, and coordinate promotions
- Organize huge data sets – hundreds of thousands of products for tens of thousands of vehicles, each with specifications, images, attributes, and features & benefits – to enable customers to find the right part every time
- Expand our product mix and application coverage to ensure we have All The Parts Your Car Will Ever Need®
- Bachelor’s degree with a high GPA at a competitive school, ideally with a concentration in digital marketing or a similar "math + computers + creativity" subject
- Advanced computer skills (writing database queries, creating process flows, and assisting with internal software development)
- Data-driven Marketing and Project Management experience (you discovered what needed to be done and made it happen!)
- Communication and negotiation skills (including the tact to apply them without alienating business partners)
- Ability to work full time on site at our Madison, Wisconsin office without visa sponsorship
Helpful (But Not Required):
- Automotive knowledge, especially hands-on repair experience
- Familiarity with e-commerce logistics (shipping rates and restrictions, packaging, keywords, Prop65)
- Fluency with tools to gain insight from data too large and complex to review in Excel (SQL, R, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Consistent growth. Decades of double-digit sales growth made RockAuto one of America’s largest auto part retailers. A still-small share of a huge, fragmented, recession-resistant market means significant long-term opportunity. This is a career, not a stepping stone.
- Consistent focus. Family-owned with no debt, RockAuto builds lasting customer, employee, and supplier relationships. Relentless improvement makes shopping fast, easy, and flexible, while maintaining the familiar look and functionality our customers expect.
- Transparency, autonomy, efficiency. A flat structure enables immediate visibility and direct influence on company success. A “become the expert, then automate it” mindset delivers low prices and good service for customers; fair treatment and steady growth for suppliers; and comfortable incomes and personal growth for employees. No outsourcing. No bureaucracy. No Wall Street.
- Excellent compensation. RockAuto offers competitive wages, overtime pay for all positions, affordable health insurance, 100%- funded retirement, and an unparalleled tradition of putting company financial success in employee paychecks.
- A great place to live. Centered on an isthmus between two beautiful lakes, Madison is a capital city and college town with short commutes, recreational opportunities, and cultural events.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please put your background in the context of a RockAuto Product Manager and include your GPA (if not listed on your resume). A person, not a machine, will read every resume that is accompanied by a cover letter so don’t try to dazzle us with keywords, just tell us why you belong here.