|Image is of a typical part(s); part appearance varies by application.
Monroe taper wire springs apply radial force due to their special shape and
ensure optimal control of the vehicle at all speeds. Unlike conventional coil
spring types, in taper wire springs, the wire diameter varies in size to achieve
progressive spring rate. As a result, the spring rate increases in proportion
to the spring compression rate. MonroeŽ taper wire springs are fitted with protective
sleeves used to avoid wear due to coils touching each other when the spring
- All Monroe coil-springs are manufactured from finest quality silicon chrome
or chrome vanadium spring steels
- Shot peening involves subjecting the spring to a high velocity stream of
spherical steel shot. This serves to dramatically increase the fatigue life
of the spring.
- Monroe coil-springs are treated with a phosphate coat to prevent corrosion
and provide a good key for the epoxy powder coating.
- Monroe manufacturing methods include both hot- and cold-coiling, both techniques
are specified by vehicle manufacturers today.
- Cold coiling on < 15 mm wire
- Hot coiling on > 15 mm wire
|MONROE Warranty InformationLimited lifetime on Reflex, Sensa-Trac, Quick-Strut, OE Spectrum, and Gas Magnum lines. 24 months for RV and 55 series stabilizer shocks. Strut/Shock mounts, "-Matic", and "Max-Air" lines no warranty. 90 days on other products. Monroe brake products are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship.Warranty Details|