|Ruggedly engineered, these head gaskets feature an impressive collection of exclusive enhancements that ensure superior performance and longevity under the toughest condition and keep severe duty vehicles’ engines sealed reliably.|
PermaTorque SD gaskets get their strength and longevity from six key product features:
- Armor Thickness – Thicker armor creates a more detonation-resistant combustion seal, increases radial strength, and maximizes loading (and sealing performance) around the combustion openings.
- Armor Material – Use of high-grade Austinetic (non-magnetic) stainless steel increases radial strength, corrosion resistance and detonation resistance.
- Body Core Thickness – Solid-steel-core gaskets have higher radial strength than perforated core gaskets. “Severe Duty" core material is 25% thicker than normal, further increasing radial strength.
- Printoseal® Sealing Beads – These enhance fluid sealing in strategic areas without removing excessive load from the combustion seal. They also allow the use of thicker armor.
- Specialized Coatings – These provide increased fluid sealing and anti-stick properties.
- Hot Press Flattening – Helps embed the armor into the gasket facing material, reducing torque loss. Use of heat imbeds the armor more deeply and consistently, and allows use of thicker armor.