|Situation: Lack of thermal shutdown and overvoltage protection in solid-state relays shortens part life|
Solution: Airtex/Wells' custom, application-specific integrated circuit provides accurate resettable thermal shutdown and overvoltage protection to guard against abnormal conditions. Late model vehicles typically have 10-15 relays but can have as many as 40. Relays control vital functions such as fuel delivery, vehicle cooling systems and electrical charging as well as accessories such as lights, wipers and radios. A non-functioning relay will cause a function to remain in the "off" or "on" position.
- Relays that operate motors typically have diodes which provide circuit protection. Light, radio and auxiliary relays may or may not have resistors and diodes. For proper performance, select the correct relay for the application.
- When replacing a relay, locate the OE number and specifications on the non-functioning relay. Many OEs label relays as "miscellaneous making it difficult to identify the correct replacement
- Before replacing any relay, visually inspect the entire electrical circuit including the component, relays, connectors, and wiring in the circuit. Look for heat damage and damaged wires
- Rapidly dissipates heat for cooler operating temperatures and longer part life
- Precise short-circuit protection
- High-current welded connections for reliability
- Mounting and connectors identical to OE
- OE form, fit and function for precise fit and reliable operation
- Semi-precious metal contacts
- Meets or exceeds OE specifications
- Longer accessory and relay life
- Precise fit and size for ease of installation
|Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 14036273, 158189, 19952|
|AIRTEX / WELLS Warranty Information3 years/36,000 miles; Advantech parts- 12 months/12,000 miles|