|Four Seasons A6 Compressors:
- Teflon coated pistons that reduce friction to make your engine work less when the compressor is engaged (which translates to better gas mileage over a standard A6)
- Lightweight, weighing only 16 lbs vs 34 lbs for a competitive A6 design
- Quiet Performance
Should I also replace my condenser?
Vehicle manufacturers recommend that the condenser be replaced whenever the compressor is replaced. While older Tube & Fin style condensers can technically be flushed, metal shards from a failed compressor can get lodged in the cylindrical tubes and restrict refrigerant flow, diminishing the heat transfer capabilities of the condenser and A/C system. Newer style, mini-tube condensers cannot be flushed and should always be replaced along with the compressor.
Compressor Installation Instructions
Which Compressor Do I Need?
Certain vehicles came with multiple compressor styles. You can only replace your current compressor with the same style compressor.
1. On your existing A/C Compressor, check the sides and/or bottom for an identification tag. For some vehicles, the compressor may need to be removed to view the identification tag.
2. Look for information like manufacturer name, compressor type/style, and model number/part number.
3. Count the grooves on the pulley.
4. Compare the information from your compressor to the product listing to determine which compressor matches your original.
|Pulley Groove Quantity||1|
|Coil Clock Position||2|
|Clutch Pulley Diameter||5.125|
|Mounting Type||Direct Mount|
|Distance Between Mounting Holes||2.000|
|Description||Compressors - New|
|Oil Type||PAG 46|
|Belt Width IN||0.4375|
|O-Ring A Number/Desc|| / Green Oval O-Ring|
|Belt Width MM||11.113|
|New or Reman||New|
|Switch / Sensor Desc||Superheat|
|Suction Port Type||O-Ring|
|Mount Distance MM||50.800|
|Discharge Port Type||O-Ring|
|Ctch Dia. MM Prmy||123.698|
|O-Ring A Quantity||2|
|Warranty Information:Compressors 2 years/24,000 miles. Commercial, heavy duty, or fleet use - Compressors 12 month. IMPORTANT A/C COMPRESSOR WARRANTY NOTE: In order to ensure that proper warranty credit is issued if needed, the compressor installation instructions must be adhered to. All compressors returned for defect must show proof of purchase of an A/C Orifice Tube (or A/C Expansion Valve), A/C Receiver Drier/Accumulator, and A/C System Flush or a Work Order showing the purchase of these items and that the system was flushed.|