|STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TPM82A Specifications|
|Connector Type||Bolt On|
|Mounting Method||Clamp In|
|Sensor Nut Torque (in/lbs)||35||
No programming required before installation - follow OE relearn procedure after installation.
Intermotor® is a complete engine management import line that includes ignition and electrical relays, switches and sensors with a concentration on high technology categories such as computerized engine controls, fuel injection, and emission controls with coverage for every part number with an import nameplate. Intermotor® parts are unrivalled for quality, original fit, form, function, and coverage providing a genuine import part in every box. Intermotor® is the import leader by design.
Features & Benefits:
- Unique ID Cloning functionality allows you to clone/copy unique ID from one sensor to another
- Pre-programmed at the factory with exact OE protocol, so it's ready to be installed and OE-relearned out of the box
- Designed and manufactured to meet or exceed OE performance in compliance with all SAE2657 specifications
- Undergoes extensive testing—including operational temperature, thermal shock, extreme temperature, humidity, frost, proof pressure, rapid deflation, contamination, salt fog, drop, centrifugal force vehicle speed, mechanical vibration tests—to ensure durability
- Validated at independent lab during 168-hour on-vehicle live test
- Military-grade lithium battery ensures maximum battery life and sensor performance
- Low-power wakeup timer and periodic reset driven by Low-Frequency Output (LFO) maximizes shelf life, extends battery life, and maintains optimum performance levels
- Z-axis or duel XY-axis accelerometers on IC chip ensure more precise readings on tire positions and rotational direction
- External–crystal oscillator provides frequency stability and more accurate frequency ranges, ensuring more reliable communications between sensors and vehicle receivers
- Fully assembled with nickel-plated valve core and aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum clamp-in valve stem to prevent premature breaking and resist galvanic corrosion
Metal Valve (Clamp-In) style TPMS Sensors have higher speed ratings (typically up to 155 mph) than Rubber Valve (Snap-In) styles (typically up to 115 mph).
Metal (Clamp-In) Installation: The valve piece is attached to the sensor body, and the valve core is secured with a nut and rubber grommet.
Program vs. Clone vs. Relearn
Don't confuse TPMS Sensor Relearning, Programming and Cloning! Some processes require a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Programming Tool to complete, but not all processes are required (or available) for every application.
| Required only for Universal (Programmable) Sensors, in addition to TPMS Sensor Relearning. A TPMS Tool is required to:
- Program the specific Year/Make/Model protocol for the vehicle into the sensor
- Create or Clone a sensor ID onto the sensor
|Ideal for drivers who frequently swap wheels/tires, such as during the winter season. A relearn procedure is not required when sensors are cloned. A TPMS Tool is required to:
- Copy/Clone the unique ID from the original TPMS Sensor to the replacement sensor
|Required when a new (not cloned) sensor ID is introduced or when the tires are rotated. A TPMS Tool may be required to:
- Write the unique sensor IDs to the vehicle's computer
- Assign the IDs to the correct wheel position (for vehicles that display pressure by location)
TPMS ID Number Locator
Attention EU customers: TPMS Sensors transmit at 433 MHz in the European Union - this sensor transmits at 315 MHz and will not work on vehicles operating within the EU. Select a '433 MHz' replacement under your vehicle, or check for universal replacements under Tools & Universal Parts > Wheel > Tire > Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor.
|Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 10394110, 15102575, 15114379, 15136883, 15163069, 15921013, 25773946, 30748991, 4260702010, 4260706010, 4260706011, 426070C020, 4260733010, 4260733011, 4260733021, 4260734020, 4260735010, 4260752010, 4260752030, 42607AD020, 4313078J00000, 529331F000, 529331FA00, 529331G000, 529332E000, 529332F000, 529333E000, 5L1Z1A150AA, 86517000, TPM1020K, TPM1020K4, TPM13, TPM134, TPM13A, TPM149, TPM150, TPM154, TPM156, TPM156A, TPM21, TPM41, TPM41A, TPM42, TPM42A, TPM43, TPM43A, TPM46, TPM47A, TPM53, TPM53A, TPM60, TPM81, TPM82, TPM83, TPM86, TPM86A, TPM87, TPM87A, TPM89|