|Superstat; Thermostat - 195 Degrees (2-1/8" x 29/32" x 29/32")|
Unlike conventional thermostats that continually open and close to achieve the proper operating temperature and flood the engine with coolant, the Stant SuperStat® thermostat has a unique v-notch, non-linear design that reduces cycling by precisely metering the amount of coolant needed to maintain proper operating temperature.
- V-notch provides a small initial flow. As the engine heats up, the v-notch gradually opens wider, metering coolant into the system until the desired engine temperature is reached.
- High strength stainless steel flange is burnished to a bright finish for additional stress relief and added corrosion resistance.
- Thicker than most competitor thermostats and our standard reverse poppet thermostat for added strength and longer life.
- The power element of SuperStat® is comparable to those used in heavy-duty trucks. Its actuator piston is larger in diameter than the standard thermostat and competitive product. This larger piston delivers 1-1/2 times the power of our standard thermostat and almost 2-1/2 times as much power as the competition for enhanced durability and longer life.
- The opening spring of the Stant SuperStat® thermostat is designed with a load that is 50% stronger than our standard reverse poppet thermostat. This heavy-duty spring helps return the thermostat to the closed position and prevent cold running, even under the most adverse conditions.
|Temperature (F)||195 Degrees|
|Depth from Flange (in)||0.91|
|Flange Diameter (in)||2.125|
|Height from Flange (in)||0.91|
|Number of Check Valves||None|
|Number of Seals||None|
|Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 2843210, 3015433, 3156283, 3192166, 3203275, 3780112, 4488422, 4488471, 65359, 8123420, 8127383, 83500360, 8983500360, 905594, 944667, AJ5715171, AJ5715171A, J8127383, XR3Z8575BA|