More Information for AP / EASTERN 808538
|AP / EASTERN markets and sells their catalytic converters under both AP EXHAUST and EASTERN CATALYTIC. The product inside the box is the same, no matter what brand name appears on the box.
|AP / EASTERN 808538 Specifications|
|Outlet Gasket Qty||1|
|Inlet Gasket Qty||None|
|Inlet Type A||5 BOLT WELDED|
|Outlet Type A||3 BOLT WELDED|
|Overall Length (IN)||7.75||
AP Exhaust's proprietary substrate chemistry yields highly efficient loadings for lower cost and better converter efficiency while their latest advanced-manufacturing technology ensures that all converters are built to exact OE dimensions and fit.
Have You Fixed the Problem that Caused your OEM Converter to Fail?
Catalytic Converters are designed to last the life of your vehicle – they do not fail on their own. It is important to fix the source of the problem before replacing your OEM converter. There are three major reasons a converter fails:
|OVERHEATED / MELTED
Often caused by unburned fuel entering the converter from a faulty:
- Spark Plug
- Exhaust Valve
- Oxygen Sensor
- Fuel Injector
Often caused by exposure to emissions substances from:
- Leaky Cylinder Head Gasket
- Silicone-Based Sealant
- Improper Fuel (E85, Diesel)
- Worn Piston Ring / Valve Seal
Oil Fouled Converter
Often caused by road debris, corrosion or other conditions such as:
- Air Gap Pipe Failure
- Flex Pipe Failure
- Stripped O2 Sensor Threads
- Broken Hangers
Tips & Tools For The Repair
- Use an Oxygen (O2) Sensor Socket / Wrench to remove any nearby O2 Sensors.
- Inspect and replace contaminated Oxygen (O2) Sensor(s):
|Common O2 Sensor Contaminants|
- Use Penetrating Oil to help loosen old flanges and hardware, and apply Anti-Seize Lubricant on new hardware.
- A Sanding Block Pad can help remove rust on mounting surfaces and pipes, to ensure proper mating.
- De-Carbonize all engines over 80,000 miles using Fuel System Cleaner to remove carbon deposits that cause catalyst poisoning
Catalytic Converter Limited Warranty Registration Card
Attention California Customers - WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
Warranty Information:E.P.A. Compliant: 25,000 Miles - Catalytic Performance; 5 Years/50,000 Miles - Structural Integrity C.A.R.B. Compliant: 5 Years/50,000 Miles - Catalytic Performance & Structural Integrity