|AeroRotor - Black Hat - No Rotor Coating - Drilled|
StopTech® AeroRotor® replace your vehicle's original factory rotors, while retaining the factory brake calipers. Although the rotor is the same diameter and thickness as the factory rotors, it offers improved cooling, braking, and handling.
- Patented AeroVanes® inside the disc to optimize airflow through the rotor. This improved directional design minimizes turbulence and flows up to 61 percent more air than any other rotor tested. The result is up to 80 percent better airflow over original equipment rotors and 10-30 percent better airflow than other directional vane racing rotors currently available. Better airflow equals better cooling, and better cooling means less fade and better overall brake system performance.
- Proprietary alloy chemistry. By adding molybdenum to the gray iron, carefully targeting a narrow range of hardness and tensile strength values, and controlling the cooling rate of the rotor after casting, StopTech produces a friction ring with added crack resistance as well as improved functionality.
- Super strong Inconel® drive pin washers - as used in aircraft engines and other racing applications - are practically impervious to oxidation or corrosion even at extreme temperatures. Street rotors use a curved drive pin washer to add tension to the hat assembly, reducing rattle. Race applications use a flat washer that allows full freedom of movement between hat and friction ring. StopTech AeroHats feature directional stand offs to further improve airflow and cool the rotor.
- Elongated drive pin slots allow separate expansion of rotor and hat to resist coning. Tapered slots allow evacuation of debris that might otherwise accumulate with straight-cut slots. Drive pins used to affix the hat to the rotor have a slightly out-of-round hole and are self-locking. They withstand high temperatures much better than typical lock washers and allow drive pins to move freely, yet securely, as hat and rotor expand at different rates.
- In certain applications where packaging is an issue - such as on the Chevrolet Corvette - StopTech uses slant-head drive pins to provide improved clearance as pads wear.
- Zinc Plating, where applicable, prevents corrosion. This is particularly useful in winter climates where road salt and other environmental factors may increase the likelihood of oxidation.
|CENTRIC Warranty Information:90 days/3,000 miles|